Are you a homeless Veteran and in need of immediate or long term services?
At ABRI/Homes for the Brave, our staff will work with you create goals and access services. The objective of our programs is to provide motivated individuals with the support and skills training needed to be gainfully employed, contributing members of their community.
Homes for the Brave & Female Soldiers: Forgotten Heroes
Homes for the Brave and Female Soldiers: Forgotten Heroes are transitional housing programs for male and female Veterans* experiencing homelessness.
To be accepted into our programs, an individual must be:
- Motivated to work with us to establish employment or–for those unable to work–participate in meaningful activity
- Medically stable
- If applicable, must be actively engaged in substance abuse or mental health treatment
- An approach that encourages each person to be in charge of his or her own recovery
- An experienced a staff that assists each individual to make reasoned, balanced, and informed decisions regarding personal goals that lead to independent living in the community
- A functional assessment to identify issues that need to be addressed for each individual to reach their goals
- An assigned Case Manager who coordinates services that enhance the likelihood of success
- A staff that work with each person every step of the way
*Aside from five (5) beds designated for clients of the Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services, residents must have served in the United States military and received anything by.
Veterans Service Center
The Homes for the Brave Veterans’ Service Center is open to any homeless Veteran. At the Center, a dedicated staff member will meet with you to discuss a variety of services. The Center is located at 655 Park Avenue in Bridgeport and is open for drop-in appointments, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Immediate basic needs assistance
- Referrals to emergency and permanent housing, vocational services and training, entitlements, and supportive services
For more information on referrals to any of our programs, please contact Sarah McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at (855) 249-8394.