Are you a homeless Veteran in need of immediate or long term services?
At ABRI/Homes for the Brave, our staff will work with you create goals and access services. The objective of our programs is to provide motivated individuals with the support and skills training needed to be gainfully employed, contributing members of their community.
Homes for the Brave and Female Soldiers: Forgotten Heroes:
Homes for the Brave and Female Soldiers: Forgotten Heroes are transitional housing programs for homeless Veterans. Homes for the Brave is open to homeless male Veterans and non-Veterans. FS:FH is open to homeless female Veterans and their young children.
To be accepted into our programs, an individual must be:
- in active treatment with DMHAS or VA CT or other mental health or substance abuse program for those residents with a history of substance abuse or mental health problems,
- medically and behaviorally stable, drug-free, and alcohol-free for at least 14-days,
- motivated to work with us to establish employment, and
- willing to pay 30% of their weekly income (for a maximum of $75/wk) toward program fees.
- An approach that encourages each person to be in charge of his or her own recovery.
- An experienced a staff that will assist each individual to make reasoned, balanced, and informed decisions regarding personal goals that will lead to independent living in the community.
- A functional assessment to identify the life skills issues that will need to be addressed for each individual to reach their goals.
- A team of case managers that will work with each person every step of the way.
The Homes for the Brave Veterans’ Service Center
The Homes for the Brave Veterans’ Service Center is open to any homeless veteran. At the Center, a dedicated staff member will meet with you to discuss a variety of services. The Center is located at 655 Park Avenue.
- Immediate basic need assistance
- Referrals to emergency and permanent housing, vocational services and trainings, entitlements, and supportive services.
The Veterans’ Service Center is open for drop-appointments, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Please bring your DD214 or VA ID Card to verify veteran status.
For more information on referrals to any of our programs, please email Clinical Director, John Porto, or contact him at:
Homes for the Brave
655 Park Ave.
Bridgeport, CT 06604
TOLL FREE (855) 249-8394