We offer several ways that individuals and groups can volunteer their time to help Homes for the Brave. Possible opportunities include:
- Supply, prepare, and serve dinner for the residents which allows time to meet and get to know our Veterans.
- Participate in major fundraisers. For the annual golf tournament, this can include gathering prizes, inviting and attracting golfers to the event, or volunteering time on the day of the tournament. Opportunities also exist to create new fundraisers and find innovative methods to raise funds.
- Provide expertise for mentoring residents. Volunteers can expand upon the services that are offered by HFTB and the Case Managers. Throughout the year, opportunities arise for individuals with appropriate skills. This can include teaching classes in life skills, money management, skills training, or other relevant topics which can help residents reach new independence.
- Share your community events with our residents. HFTB constantly works to help residents reinvest in their communities. If you know about a community event that may be beneficial to HFTB residents or that would provide them with opportunities to get involved and give back to our community, please consider inviting them. This can include job fairs, holiday celebrations, and much more.
- Spread the Word! We need the Veterans, especially female Veterans, in our communities to know about our programs. Please consider posting our flyer at businesses, restaurants, libraries, government building, hospitals, colleges, anywhere! Our poster for all of our programs can be downloaded here.