The coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our communities are on the minds of everyone at Homes for the Brave. We wanted to provide a brief update with you which outlines the steps HFTB is taking to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on those we serve.
In order to protect the health and safety of our residents, we have temporarily implemented the following policies:
- We are closing our buildings to all outside guests at this time. If you need assistance, please ring the doorbell, and someone will come out to meet you.
- Our Service Center is closed until further notice. Any Veteran in need of assistance can call us at 203-338-0669 during regular business hours.
- We are in need of supplies like a lot of organizations during this time, and we welcome help from our supporters in this way. There are bins at the back door of our men’s house at 655 Park Avenue to collect supplies. You can drop them off at any time.
- Any required vendor who needs to access a building will be required to wear a face mask and will be screened using the procedure established for daily staff screening in the previous update before being granted access to any building.
- Disposable gloves
- Paper and plastic disposable utensils, plates, and cups
- Lysol/Clorox wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Bleach and spray cleansers (409, etc.)
- Pre-packaged single-serving snacks (granola bars, chips, trail mix, fruit cups, apple sauce, etc.)
- Peanut Butter
- Powdered Creamer
- Canned tuna fish or chicken
- Canned Chicken Soup, Beef Stew, Pasta
- Ramen Noodles/Cup of Soup
- Fresh fruit (oranges, apples, bananas)
- Bottled water
- Prepaid phone cards
- Board Games, Books, and Activity Books, Colored Pencils
- Face masks and mask making supplies ( https://www.joann.com/make-to-
give-response/ ) Cotton Fabric, 1/4″ elastic or elastic piping, cloth interfacing