The coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our communities are on the minds of everyone at Homes for the Brave. We wanted to provide a brief update with you which outlines the steps HFTB is taking to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on those we serve.
In order to protect the health and safety of our residents, we have temporarily implemented the following policies:
- We are not accepting any food donations at this time aside from canned and sealed boxed shelf-stable food.
- We are closing our buildings to all outside guests at this time. If you need assistance, please ring the doorbell, and someone will come out to meet you.
- Our Service Center is closed until further notice. Any Veteran in need of assistance can call us at 203-338-0669 during regular business hours.
- We are in need of supplies like a lot of organizations during this time, and we welcome help from our supporters in this way. There are bins at the back door of each house to collect supplies. You can drop them off at any time.
- Disposable gloves
- Paper and plastic disposable utensils, plates, and cups
- Lysol/Clorox wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Bleach and spray cleansers (409, etc.)
- Individually wrapped food items